Selling a home is a major decision, and there are a lot of moving parts that need to be considered. For example, selling a home can be particularly stressful if the home owner is under a tight timeframe to move to a new home. Thus, whether you are a first-time home seller or you've sold one or more homes before, it's important that you work with a competent and reliable real estate agent you can trust throughout the process.
A discerning real estate agent can provide invaluable services, such as:
- providing a competitive market analysis so you have a clearer sense of what your home's fair market value is;
- listing your home on MLS;
- explaining in plain English the necessary home seller disclosures you must complete;
- advising you on how to prepare your home for sale, including showings and open houses;
- marketing and conducting open houses;
- clearly communicating all offers and their terms for your consideration;
- anticipating potential issues and promptly addressing concerns to minimize any adverse impact on the real estate transaction;
- negotiating counteroffer(s); and
- assisting you through closing on the sale of your current property and represent you in buying your next home.
Why choose LSP to represent you in selling your home?
Laura Scott, the founder of Laura Scott Properties (LSP), is a licensed real estate broker/REALTOR® who is trained as a lawyer. She is an artful negotiator and strategist who possesses strong written and verbal communication skills—skills she puts to good use when working on behalf of home sellers to communicate with buyers' agents, real estate attorneys, and other professionals who may be involved with a given transaction.
Laura is inquisitive, pays close attention to detail, and is highly organized and deadline driven. She is also a diligent problem solver who's honest and ethical. These traits can prove critical because Laura is well equipped to address the myriad issues that may arise during a given real estate transaction.
Laura also spent many years living in various parts of Massachusetts, specifically Central Massachusetts, Boston, and the North Shore, so she has familiarity with these and other local housing markets.
Laura is an animal lover, and she and her husband share their home with a brood of felines that “purrfectly” complete their family. She is committed to animal welfare causes, and Laura Scott Properties is proud to sponsor related events whenever possible. Visit philanthropy for a list of upcoming events.
And, if you would like to discuss selling your home or you have general questions about the home-selling process, please feel free to contact Laura.